We are the Pietermaritzburg & District Community Chest.
We are a registered not-for-profit (NPO 002-141) and public benefit organisation (PBO 18/11/13/3527).
• enhanced communities • restored hope
To inspire and facilitate community giving and action, for community enhancement.
We espouse and practice the following eight values, which we believe are crucial to achieving social transformation:
- In wanting to shift the culture of poverty to a culture of prosperity, which INITIATIVES are strategic for us to focus on?
- What is our declared INTENTION with our strategy and areas of engagement?
- Who and what is influencing our INTERVENTION?
- In designing strategies how are we addressing the power vs. INFLUENCE challenge that often strangles development?
- What new INTELLIGENCE are we employing to address the issues we want to solve or shift?
- Are we being INNOVATIVE with what we are doing or are we merely regurgitating what others are doing or what we ourselves have always done?
- How are we planning to measure the IMPACT of what we have designed as an intervention?
- Can we speak with INTEGRITY to the donors and the community about what we are planning and doing?
These eight values, which we seek to implement in all four of our focus areas, underpin our core objective: enhancing communities – restoring hope.
The Council of the Pietermaritzburg & District Community Chest is responsible for the management and administration of the affairs of the Organisation.
HONORARY VICE PRESIDENT
|Mr Willis Mchunu||Hon. Themba Njilo||Mr Kay Makan||Mrs Primi Chetty|
|Mr Simon Gushu||Ms Amritha Singh||Dr Keith Wimble||Mrs Ursuhla Govender|
||DONOR MEMBER||DONOR MEMBER||DONOR MEMBER|
|Mr Bongi Mshengu||Mrs Lindy Hartshorne||Mr Riquadeu Jacobs||Mr Vinod Harry|
L-R - Mala Maharaj (Administrator), Sma Sokhela (Fundraiser), Christian Dlamini (Admin Assistant) Mirriam Mngwevu (Fundraiser), Angie Narayanan (Fundraising Manager/PRO), Liza Dickson (Finance & Operations Manager)