How many organisations are helped annually through the Community Chest?
- We currently assist 74 Community Impact Partners in Pietermaritzburg. They receive their annual grants in 4 quarterly instalments.
How much money does the Chest need each year?
- It is difficult to estimate the needs of Social Welfare, Education and Health. Our current Allocation Budget for 2014 / 2015 financial year is R4, 919,730.00 - we could do with much more, and must grow in the years ahead!
- R1,701,730.00 has been allocated to 3 TB Projects
- R3,218,00.00 has been allocated to 71 Community Impact Partners in the Health, Welfare and Education Sectors
How are the funds raised?
- We raise funds in the following ways:
- Workplace Giving
- Corporate Donations
- Individual & Private Donations
- Donation from Trusts
- Organisation of Events
- Donor Advised Giving
What fields of service does Community Chest cover?
- Funds are allocated in the Social Welfare, Education and Health areas:
- General Child and Family Welfare
- Community Services / Poverty Alleviation / HIV & Aids
- Elderly Care
- Care of the Disabled
- Health Care Support Services
- Early Childhood Development
- Education for Learners with Special Needs
- Substance Abuse
- Crime Prevention